In 2017, Michigan University’s Law School, and particularly Daniel W. Linna JR. (director of the Center for Legal Services Innovation -Legal RnD-), published the first innovation index of American Law Schools: Law School Innovation Index.
Although it’s not a ranking, it brings light on the legal teaching landscape of Law Schools, showing which are the universities that offer education in this field.
These are the most relevant projects:
- Stanford Law School: CODEX, Legal Design Lab, The Center for Internet and Society and The Stanford Program in Law, Science and Technology.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law: Center for Access to Justice Technology and The Law Lab.
- Michigan State University: Center for Law, Technology & Innovation.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law: Technology, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship Concentration.
- Miami Law School: LawWithoutWalls.
- Vermont Law School: Legal Innovation Center Hofstra Law School – Law, Logic and Technology Research Laboratory.
- Harvard Law School: Center on the Legal Profession y The Law Lab.
- Georgetown Law (in cooperation with Neota Logic): Program in Legal Technologies and Iron Tech Lawyer.
- Suffolk University: Institute on Law Practice, Technology and Innovation.
- Duke Law School: Law Tech Lab.
- Columbia Law School: Lawyering in the Digital Age Clinic.
- Cornell Tech: Master of Laws in Law, Technology and Entrepreneurship.
In regard to Europe, it’s interesting to highlight some of the universities which are leading education in Legal Tech:
- Bucerius Law School: Center on The Legal Profession.
- University of Edinburgh: Innovation, Technology and Law LLM.
- Swansea University: Legal Tech LLM.
- University of Helsinki: Legal Tech Lab.
- Tilburg University: Law and Technology LLM.
In Spain, some interesting projects started in the past years:
- ESADE: “Rambla de la Innovación” (Fusion Point; Decision Lab; Fab Lab), Degree in Law & Track Law 4.0, Master IP/IT and on line Legal Tech grade (2019).
- ICADE: Double Degree in Business Analysis and Business Analytics; and Law Innovation Center (CID-ICADE).
- IE: Master in Legal Tech (2019).
- CEU: Master in Legal Tech (2019).
Suscríbete a nuestro newsletter aquí.